Or maybe he mistook the pan control for the bass EQ...

:-)

Easy mistake to make if you're using one of those horribly cluttered DJ mixers.

carl morris.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I seem to recall hearing a gig from Isolee and I know I recorded it to
tape. I'll have to dig it up but the gig will be over by then.
I can say the tape stayed in my car's deck for a good long time. I wouldn't
miss this show.  If I recall - it was a pretty melodic set, not very clicky
at all. There was a weird thing about it - seems like he would bring in one
track panned hard to the left or right and as he faded out the first track
he would pan to the opposing side.  Made it sound like the incoming track
was forcing the fading track out of the speakers.  Was interesting to hear.
I'll see if I can find the tape - I think it was recorded off of Beta
Lounge so you could check there.

MEK

"Derek Plaslaiko." <[EMAIL PROTECTED] To et> "Stoddard, Kamal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 01/18/05 10:29 AM cc 313@hyperreal.org Subject Re: FW: (313) isolee (live) tonight in NYC

pretty sure he only plays live/laptop. never heard of him DJing, but im
sure if he did, hed play some pretty amazing records.

derek.