just passing this along:

>>tonite: FUNK the MENTAL @ sonotheque

featuring:  hieroglyphic being (live PA) and gabe palomo (dj set)

HIEROGLYPHIC BEING - live PA (ghostly/spectral, i.t., gigolo, axis) www.mathematicsrecordings.com

Hieroglyphic Being, aka Jamal Moss, only likes to perform live every once in a long while because it keeps things ‘special’. The last time he performed in the U.S. was in May at the 2004 Detroit Movement Festival (DEMF). And it must’ve been special alright – his first seven songs played were immediately signed by Ghostly/Spectral (home to Matthew Dear, Dabyre, Kill Memory Crash), Interdimensional Transmissions (Ectomorph), and Axis (Jeff Mills). Having previously recorded with the likes of classic acid/house/techno pioneers Adonis & Steve Poindexter on his own label Mathematics Recordings, Moss’ sound takes root in the old school but is undeniably futuristic at the same time. Mysterious, otherworldly melodies played by hand hover above gritty, distorted drum machine beats designed to jack your body. All without the use of any computer laptop or MIDI sync. But, Moss dismisses any hype. “I want my music to be judged plainly by the people’s ears themselves...” Indeed, friends, get your ears ready for something special on Sonotheque’s
stellar sound system.

GABRIEL PALOMO - DJ set (conjugate projekt, e.s.t., 773)  www.zuvuyarecordings.com

9pm – 2am, 21+ w/ID, $2 PBR, $4 cosmos
sonotheque—1444 w. chicago ave
for more info: sonotheque.net, cardiojam.net, abstractscience.net