From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: February 19, 2005 5:33:42 AM PST
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Fire at Detroit's Corktown Tavern

Yesterday a fire swept through the Corktown Tavern in Detroit.  The
Corktown Tavern was the site fo last years Detroit Movement Guide
BBQ Reception and is often the venue for our Electric Avenue parties.
We even had a show scheduled for there tonight and next Friday.
Tonight's show has been moved to the Fi:Nite Gallery (we hope you will
make the trek out to help support us in our last minute venue change).
Next week's show may be at yet another venue altogether.  As for the
bar ... it was not insured due to high premium cost.  Last night Amy
Hubberth (another great promoter) and myself hit the streets to start
working on a benefit to help Tom Kahlil (The Bar's Owner) get back on
his feet.
We have so far secured Saint Andrews Hall for two shows.  One show will
be a Rock show and another will be Techno, House and Electro based.
Tom has been a great supporter of local music and runs a honest
business.  He never raped his customers with high drink prices and
hired maybe the most interesting ! staff you would ever run into to.
Let us keep Tom and the entire Corktown Family in our hearts.

Electric Avenue - Presents Double Date
Tonight
Fi:Nite Gallery 5th Floor
10 Till Late