this song is flippin' beautiful. especially the last 30 seconds.

i sent a bigger mail about it but it seems to have disappeared.

anyways- here's the link: http://turbine.slackworks.com/robots/blair/ALongWalk.mp3

and here's a review from www.Music.for-Robots.com

Jesus, sometimes when I've been listening to a lot of different kinds of music for a while, some new techno music comes along and grabs my attention like nothing else can.

In this particular case it is some truly beautiful organics-meets-electronics work by Germany's Apparat, aka Sascha Ring. Sascha has been playing music since he was 7 years old, starting with the drums. He moved to Berlin in the late-90s shortly after he'd gotten into electronic music production, and has since released work on the Berlin-based BPitch Control and $hitkatapult labels. In Berlin, c. 2000, Sascha connected with Marco Haas, aka T.Raumschmiere, and has been helping him run $hitkatapult ever since.

Sascha was apparently a huge fan of John Peel and the Peel Sessions, and he actually appeared on the show in May of 2004. Unfortunately, as many reported (including myself, here), Peel passed away a few months later while on holiday in Peru. The new EP, Silizium, is Apparat's dedication to the huge mentor that Peel was for him and other $hitkatapult folks. This song comes off the new EP, available here - its loaded with five beautiful new songs and four remixes, courtesey of Bus, Rechenzentrum, Telefon Tel Aviv, and an Apparat-rework. The strings, the violin and cello of Kathrin Pf nder and Lisa Stepf, aka Complex cord, plus the vocals of Raz Ohara, and the clarinet/sax of Hormel Eastwood, all meld perfectly with the buzzing bass and crunching beats throughout, producing techno music that's just loaded with this beautiful, heavy emotional content - it is really quite outstanding as a kind of techno-pop eulogy.

I like this very much, and hopefully you folks will too.