I wouldn't read too much in what he is saying there. Sounds like he was in a pretty depressive mood when doing that interview. He also states that Juan Atkins should burn in hell for naming the genre Techno :-)

I particularly like the bit when he is talking about the new music coming out as a big pile of crap and that the pile of crap was growing to be a vulcano of crap and that the vulcano just started erupting... LOL

Mind you, this is well before stadium trance and "progressive"!

Joost