I've enjoyed reading this thread because I can't tell you what song is on
what side of most of my records
people will talk about a song by name and I just give them a blank stare -
then they say "it's that one that goes...."
and -ah!- yes. I know which one you're talking about now.
I remember them by label graphics - and then it's "inside track on the side
with the _______ picture/words"

I read in some magazine = you know you're a DJ when you don't know the
names of the tracks you're playing anymore.

there's only certain labels I organize together (with the plastic cards you
find organizing bins in record shops), the rest are randomly put back where
ever

overall, their loosely grouped into boxes - electro, techno, house,
downtempo/reggae/broken-beat

and then there's my sock drawer

MEK

             "Thomas D. Cox,
             Jr."
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          To
             h.com>                    <313@hyperreal.org>
                                                                        cc
             03/18/05 06:44 PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: (313) Re: SPAM-LOW:  Re: (313)
             Please respond to         OOPS
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                  h.com>

From: "Tristan Watkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>simply because my records are organised only by previous pilings

thats how all my records are organized. its kinda fun, you have to
remember the last time you played a record and remember what other
stuff you played in that set in order to be able to find it.

tom

andythepooh.com