James Brown -  yuck
I want to hear Mitch Miller!

;)

MEK

             "Brendan Nelson"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             ine.co.uk>                                                 To
                                       <313@hyperreal.org>
             03/24/05 04:36 AM                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: (313) save me, I think I'm
                                       going over to the darkside...

A friend of mine was once talking to a relatively well-known trance & acid
techno DJ (well-known in Reading anyway), and when he told her the sort of
music he was into, she replied with, "so you play that *funky* stuff
then?", pronouncing the word "funky" as though it was a synonym for
"baby-eating" or "Hitlerian".

It's quite strange to think that, for a lot of people, funk and soul really
ought to be purged rather than nurtured. "That hi-hat pattern's too funky.
Turn off the shuffle" etc.

Brendan