I think you'd have to be a female to understand the pressures on us - and
it's a scourge of Western capitalist societies. At least Aussie girls can
get away with bad nails. That's a requisite in the US, for women to have
nice nails! ;) Trust me, you can't do anything with acrylic nails!
The way the US media has shamed - bullied - Kirstie Alley into dieting -
that's not advanced (and it would happen here too). And the way the British
tabloid media (which reflects cultural values as much as shapes them)
criticises Camilla Parker Bowles purely on the basis of her age, and
apparent less attractiveness to Diana, is shamefully sexist too (and it's
happening here). What I see expressed is a profound hatred of the older
woman. This is why you don't get more women doing music, or following music,
because they are trivialised by all this superficial stuff.