Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 09:38:19 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
To: 313@hyperreal.org
From: "J.T." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: (313) Fuse-In techno

tekn0 fans are so anal. jfc!
how could there be no variation if there were live keys being played and live
vox?
and ugh, homogenizing electonic music cliche's like "sets need to flow
together" argh!!
funny how when you're a rock band you can get away with just about anything,
sit there and play with distortion over some weird loops for awhile, genius
(dude why isnt he doing such n such?! i never hear that..). why does there seem
to be more rules in electronic music, i guess the fans are more ocd or
something. seriously why is dance music so conservative, musically? rules rules.
i seriously doubt the performance was a matter of just hitting "play" or
"skip". thats really insulting especially if you are just speculating. to
recreate a studio recording on stage with gear is pretty great in my book. it
is quite a bit different than the recorded version even if only because it
hasnt been hammered with compression yet (the mastering process of making a
record/cd)...just hearing the songs without the dynamics all crushed is awfully
nice and goes a long way to making the song sound live, electric.
everybody i know who saw octave one really enjoyed it, people who i wouldnt
think....wish i'd caught it.

Brendan Gregoriy
SportingBet Ireland
+353 1 6161404