HTFR is hiding Osama Bin Laden back in their warehouse.

fact

MEK

             "jurren baars"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             mail.com>                                                  To
                                       313@hyperreal.org
             06/08/05 10:01 AM                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: (313) Planet-E Bootlegs?

Joost P wrote:
>... it's counterfeiting.

absolutely true, and where counterfeit watches and bags are still
relatively
easy to recognise, recognising a 'fake' intergallactic beats lp on ebay is
lot harder. (ever notice how many people tried to cash in on the repress of

'4jazzfunkclassics' on ebay, selling it as 'rare/hard to find'?)

>For Rolex and LV I can understand it's difficult to find the culprits. But

>for Carl, Derrick and all the >others who have been ripped off by these
>crooks, it should be quite a lot easier. They know >exactly who they
>are.... And it's not that they're so p*ss poor they can't afford a lawyer
>are they? >Especially when it's such a clear case theyre going to win. So
>why they haven't done anything yet >is beyond me. Let's hope it's only a
>matter of time.

1) i don't think it is that much harder for rolex etc to find out who are
behind the 'fake' watches, than it is to c2 and co. to find out who's
behind
those bootlegs. the biggest problem will be to gather evidence that clearly

shows who is responsible for producing these bootlegs. without clear
evidence, they have no case!

2) like dave allready pointed out, thusfar they have only bootlegged
defunkt
labels: phierce city, incognito, buzz; or compilations: panic in detroit,
carl craig remixes, it is therefore more than likely that either the owners

to the copyright no longer have interest in these records, or there are
multiple owners to the copyrights on the records, all of which makes it
more
difficult to take action. further, all you will achieve is that they'll
have
to cease production/sales of the records they have bootlegged.  as soon as
they decide to bootleg something else, the sh:t just starts all over again.

and the compensation or damages you will/may receive are slim compared to
the costs you'll have to make.

btw piracy (counterfeit) is considered one of the largest industries of
today. the us government even suspects that al-quada and other terrorist
organisations get their funding from piracy, as drugs are becoming more and

more hard to ship/trade. counterfeit and piracy are estimated to represent
5
to 7 % of the total trade in the world. [source:
http://europa.eu.int/scadplus/leg/en/lvb/l26057.htm ]

jurren