Name: Jwan Allen
Age: 29
Live: Pittsburgh, PA

First thing that made me like electronic music: NYC Radio, back in the 80's it
was quite common to hear "club music" late at night on various mix shows on
WBLS, Kiss-Fm and what would later become Hot 97 the place where hip-hop
lives.(irony?)

First Party: NASA event in the early 90’s, Paul C dragged me to it. Thanks man!

Favorite Club: In Pittsburgh? N/A - In the early days as long as venue had bass
bins I was happy.

Favorite Party that was promptly shut down shortly thereafter: Heaven New
Year's Eve 95 - From what I remember the speakers stacks were close to 10 feet
high (I'm 5'11) and everyone was havin' it until NYC's finest kicked everyone
out.

First Techno Record: Morgan Geist - Quadrilocular Ep Metamorphic '94

First Detroit Techno Record: Strings of Life

Favorite place for breakfast in Detroit: The Clique

Favorite DJ's: Mills, Shake, Hood, Dan Bell

Favorite Live Act: UR, Shawn Rudiman

Favorite Sets at any of the Festivals: Three Chairs 2003 if you were there you
know what I'm talking about. Basic Channel first DEMF – 3 hours of brilliance
in the afternoon sun

Favorite Detroit djing experience: 7th City After party - 1st DEMF – Humbling,
since I’ve been a fan boy for close to 10 years at this point

Funniest Djing experience: Toronto a couple of years ago – Carl Craig,
Moonstarr, Todd Sines, James Duncan and various other people on the bill– I
happened to be in town for the show and was asked to throw on few records
because Carl was running late. So for the next 45 min to an hour I had to
explain to every patron that asked that I wasn’t Carl Craig and that I’m just
another black guy who happens to play Detroit techno.

Website: www.technoiraudio.com

"Bring the Fun In!"
Shawn Rudiman "Synthesexual" Double EP & CD (TNA 005 & 006) Now Available!
Shawn Rudiman / Arne Weinberg ”Lost Arts” 12” PROMO (coming soon)

technoiraudio.com