was planning on checking them out thursday. the next night at the same place in Toronto has ESG playing. on a 313 note... MBM was responsible for my first trip to Detroit back in 88 or 89!

Cheers!

To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 2:06 AM
Subject: (313) Meat Beat Manifesto

Phrooaugh!  What a show!  If they're on the way to your city do yourself a
favor and go see them.  This is my third time and they never disappoint.

They pulled out "House of God" even - f'ing fantastic to hear that live -
live acid house
they dropped Tino Corp tracks as well

Dangers & Co. were using the Pioneer DVD controller/turntables cutting and
scratching live video

their drummer for this tour is David King from the jazz group Happy
Apple/Bad Plus
great to see a hometown boy kickin it with the mighty MBM
he pounded out some heavy heavy breaks on the electronic drum kit

opening band was Dub Trio - definitely check them out if you like your punk
and dub - think Bad Brains meets Twilight Dub circus
three piece band from Canada via NYC
bass, guitar, and the tightest & heaviest drummer I've seen in a long while
surrounded by a silly amount of guitar and other efx

awesome show

I forget how powerful MBM are live
glad I just was reminded

"whooo - alright"