robin wrote:

this does raise the larger issue of:

would you switch to buying digital downloads instead of vinyl?

(assume you have the means to dj them digitally)

  I've been collecting MP3's off the free net labels for 10 months.

  I will never buy vinyl again, I might buy a CD.

  There are artists who I have collected from net labels who I would pay
  for, if their new releases were available only from pay sites.

  I would prefer higher bit rate, and would pay for higher bit rate
  versions of some of my favourite 'free' tracks.

  Personally I tend to burn my music to CD and play it using Pioneer CDJ's.

  I am looking at the next alternative being Final Scratch, Serato or
  Live 5

  Digital is such a convenient method of having music for me.  I much as
  I like vinyl it never was the gospel for me.

  I have no future interest in spending money on vinyl.  I am not interested
  in packaging or objects of music.

 .simon

--

                                                Can you do enough to