Perhaps that is no "real" reason! Perhaps someone woke up and said, "man, I love 7"s, even though they are quirky as hell. I'm gonna make a grip of them." Or. maybe it's for playing doubles, to have a bit of a different mix. It's cheaper than buying 2 x 12"s.

Whoever said they wonder about the business model for the 7"s might just be thinking too much. I doubt it gets that deep, really. It's just a bunch of wonderful grassroots-style artists doing whatever they want... I prefer it like that!

Myself, I have about 5-6 of them. Some I couldn't live without, some get lost and never found. THe Los Hermanos 7" with Resurrection on it, is briliant!

Dense.