At 07:34 AM 7/5/2005, Thorin Teague wrote:
Yes, discogs is back up, but running excruciatingly slow for me. Anyone else?

Plus, am I crazy, or has the site design been rolled back?

they're running with only one web server out of however many they have. the following text is from help.discogs.com which is sort of alive.

"
As you will have noticed, Discogs has been offline now since yesterday. We experienced a cascade of problems with the servers yesterday that ended with the whole site inaccessible to everyone including the system admin's. Since then, we have been working hard on a solution to getting us up and running again. Thankfully, this server that hosts the help.discogs.com site has been revived, and this may allow us to get the whole site running again. However, this is an extremely technical job, and may take some time to complete.

As sod's law dictates, we have four brand new servers already ordered and will be installing them by the middle of July. These should ensure we don't experience an outage such as this again.

We apologize, and ask you all the be patent while we try and figure out a solution. In the meantime, if you need to contact me or another Discogs user with an urgent matter, please use the form below, and I will try and help.

Yours Sincerely

Nik | Discogs Community Manager

p.s. may I suggest that now is a good time to pick thru the help section here, and maybe add some style descriptions or (for the mod's and editors) see if anything in the guidelines could be better written or need added to. Cheers!
"

--
/* Halley */ (Halley's comment.)
matt kane's brain