yeah, analord 8 is hot.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Philip" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "313" <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 4:21 AM
Subject: (313) newish stuff

Funsters

Dunno if anyone's mentioned these, if so, they're def. worth mentioning
again.

Analord 08 holy crap this is the aphex 12" I always dreamed was out there.
A1 is beyond genre and an instant classic. It's funky & electronic with a
fantastic cheese-free feel-good vibe. A2 and B1 are pretty, funky,
electro/techno and B2 is a sweet little chunk of melodic acid that is a lot
more appealing than much from the recent er revival imho.

Gene hunt 'urbane devotion' 12" on eargasmic. A1 is nice & stompy chi-house
with inneresting percussive & textural touches. Ignore the vibe noodles at
the beginning, the rest is ace. A2 is like a prettier version of the sun god
sound, deep & percussive. Yummy. B1 & 2 are slight in comparison.

Don't know how I'd describe the juju & jordash 'hush' 12" on psychostasia,
weird, broken, organic house with unusual sax. The acid mix is hot too,
really good arrangement, original and unpredictable but still deep & fonky
mmm...

philski