I'm forwarding a mail-out from the Retrovert mailing list. It's fairly
self-explanatory.

Would anyone consider voting?

Ken

********************

Every year DJ magazine compiles a top 100 list of the supposed best dj´s
around, yet it rarely features any techno at all. The top 100 may not seem
important, you may not like DJ mag and you probably already know who your
favourite dj´s are..get to see them often and don´t need to stroke their ego by
voting for them. The reason it is important is that the list is seen globally
as¨official¨, as the real people/party goers´ choice. By techno having little
or no representation in the top 100 the profile of the trance and pop dj´s that
make up most of the list just gets bigger while the techno scene keeps getting
smaller, slipping further into obscurity.
As the club scene continues to spread around the world it will forever be
dominated by the same few select DJ´s if they are the only ones that are ever
mentioned in the magazines. New scenes and new clubs will never get to hear
about anything but the obvious names, and music styles like techno, electro,
broken beat or electronica will simply never make it to new places or find new
audiences to keep it alive.

This year though, we´d like to turn things around: Instead of the media forever
brainwashing the readers with the same old names we´d like to put techno firmly
back on the map - and we can do so with your help. So please take out a couple
of minutes of your time and try to get a few more deserving DJ´s in the top 100
this year:

http://www.djmag.com/top100-entry-form.php

We´d also, of course, like to suggest your support for our trusty residents...

MARK BROOM
PAUL MAC
BEN SIMS

Best wishes, the RV´s