In some documentary or article I saw/read sometime, tony humphries was talking, and he said they called it house music because of house parties they had. The people making and spinning these drum machine and looped sample tracks were I guess, all buddies, and they'd play their latest creations at these parties... which were in their houses... so house music.

Of course, I don't really know why it's called that...

Jamil

Dennis Donohue wrote:

http://www.apple.com/pro/video/ramoseberhart/

The thing that caught my attention the most, was his mentioning, “We were
able to make it in our houses, that’s one reason we called it house
music.”  Didn't that name come from the (ware)House in Chicago?

Has anyone heard of these movies?  Are they any good?

Dense.