People think Kanye is arrogant but it's all an act, I think - he's more or
less admitted that he is playing around. Self belief is different to
arrogance, and he has a strong sense of self belief as he was rejected so
many times before. The best interview I read with Kanye was in Ebony last
year - he really let down his guard.
I think at a pinch his first album was more compelling but I love how West
is not afraid to show his contradictions and I like the idea of self
education and self-awareness that he promotes. Bold of him to work with
Brion after seeing the movie Eternal Sunshine and wondering who did the
music...
Common keeps on apologising profusely for Electric Circus in the press -
that was just an amazing album! Future classic! Latest Be is good "blue
collar" hip-hop, as he says.