------ Forwarded Message
From: SUGOI recordings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:28:05 +0200
To: AGuyCalledGerald HQ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:
10th Sep A Guy Called Gerald Label Launch Party @
samurai.fm Sessions London

The samurai.fm Sessions crash back into the Herbal
lineup on the 10th
September with the start of a new bimonthly Saturday
night slot at
Herbalism that will see samurai.fm residents and
guests bring their
worldwide web sounds to the heart of East London's
music scene.

Kicking off the first event we are very pleased to
welcome legendary
electronic music producer and pioneer A Guy Called
Gerald with the UK
launch party of the great man's new label, SUGOI
Recordings in
celebration of the label's first release in September.

"Fifteen years ago a few other artists and I were
inspired by the
independence of electronic dance music. It was the
independence that
was one of the attractions to this music. Back then
there were a few
hurdles in the way – we could do the production in our
bedrooms but
when it came to get it from the bedroom into your
homes there were
many commercial processes we had to go through.
Unfortunately these
processes ended up diluting the music. It wasn’t
necessarily a bad
thing – but if you are a true artist, at the core of
you there is a
purist. And I'm sure most artists dream of
transmitting their art in
its purist form. Today, more than any other time, this
is so
possible. Things I used to dream about have
materialised or, should I
say, digitised. SUGOI is celebration of seventeen
years of
independence.  Welcome to the bass element of
contemporary British
dance music."  A GUY CALLED GERALD 2005

Preview new single FLO-RIDE
http://www.guycalledgerald.com/release/sugoi01.htm

Providing support downstairs will be samurai.fm's
homegrown
superstars Future Sound of Clapton injecting their
unique brand of
minimal electro into the evening and MaxxRelax,
samurai resident
since the early days he has played alongside Gerald on
countless
occasions.

Keeping ting's cooking upstairs we have Richard Sen
(DC/Eskimo
Records), The Idjut Boys and Sean P all amounting to a
night of
possibly the finest bleeps, beeps and bass you'll have
heard in a
long time.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the dancefloor.

matt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.samurai.fm

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com