been a while folks...hey!
I got this new Stir15 on my want list. I listen to the
mp3 clips at least twice a week. Christian (C-Rock) is
from Frankfurt, Germany and he releases a wide variety
of stuff on his 2 labels Stir15 and Lo-fi Stereo
mostly influenced by sounds from Detroit, Chicago and
Berlin. I would say on most occasions Chez is singing
on tracks and less involved in the production. Mark
Kinchen produced A LOT of Chez's early stuff and if
Chez and Ron worked together it was a lot of times Ron
behind the boards and engineering.

As for the JCR stuff...my favorite Sonar Kollektiv
stuff of recent times is the Slope stuff...very funky
stuff and interesting all the while. The Clara Hill
album was also very nice. It really is a nice time in
music right now. There is a lot of great music being
released (last time I felt the urge to grab so much
music was back in '91-'93 when loads of amazing music
was coming out of every place DET, CHI, BERLIN, UK,
NYC etc.)and it stinks I can't grab all of it but I
have more reasons than ever to search out new stuff
more than old records these days.

minto

down low music
http://downlowmusic.org
dLCMLP The Connection Machine PAINLESS cdlp OUT NOW
dLVEXT2 E.R.P. 12" OUT NOW
dL SHOP LOWER LEVELS
http://lowrlvlz.gemm.com