Not strictly 313 but "Detroit Red" is on it and I'm sure there's a few artists
who've passed through Detroit on there somewhere ;)
These are ace - like an education on the history of 'black' music over the last
century - it also has lots of samples from films and news events to give you a
better idea of the progression of the years.
Find them here:
http://www.sixmillionsteps.co.uk/mixes.htm
Part One:
Humphrey Bogart / Leslie Howard, Benny Goodman - Sing, Sing, Sing, Jack
Kerouac, Al Jolson - After You've Gone, Groucho Marx, Manhattan Rhythm Kings -
Happy Feet, Louis Armstrong, Unknown Female, Anne Shelton - Blues In The Night,
Della Reese, Louis Jordan - Early In The Morning, George C Scott as Patten,
Glenn Miller, Louis Jordan - G.I. Jive, Loaded Sample, Louis Prima - Pennies
From Heaven, Alan Freed / Wolfman, The Coasters - Besame Mucho, Wolfman, The
Flamingos - I Only Have Eyes For You / Unknown Accapella Intro), Marilyn
Munroe, Elvis Mc, Ben E King - Amore , JFK, Allen Ginsberg, The Marcels -
Spanish Harlem (Accapella), Unknown Blue Note Sample, Art Blakey - Cubano
Chant, Nat Adderly / Charlie Parker, Lorez Alexandria - Baltimore Oriole,
Malcolm X Movie / Donald Byrd - Christo Retendor, Son House - John The
Revelator (Intro), Sam Cooke - A Change Is Gonna Come, Smokey Robinson Intro
Mickey's Monkey, Four Tops - Same Old Song, Save The Children Movie Trailer,
Diana Ross - Surrender, First Choice - Armed And Extremely Dangerous (Intro),
Honey Cone - Want Ads, Redd Foxx, James Brown, Round Robin Monopoly - Life Is
Funky, Talk Of The Town Snippet, Stevie Wonder - As If You Read My Mind,
William Burroughs (Adios Muchachos), Nat King Cole - Stardust

Part Two:

Alan Freed, Three Cool Cats - The Coasters , Love Potion No.9 - The Clovers,
Wolfman Jack / Chantilly Lace - Big Bopper (Intro) / Gary Owen, Almost Grown -
Chuck Berry, Alan Freed/Casey Kasem/Sixteen Candles - The Crests (Intro), The
Great Imposter - The Fleetwoods, Tom Donahue, Green
Onions - Booker T And The Mgs , Wolfman / Only You - The Platters (Intro),
Night Train - James Brown, Martin L King Speech / Summertime - Santo & Johnny,
What The World Needs Now - Tom Clay (Edit), Wade In The Water - A-Capella (the
group, that is), Wade In The Water - Marlena Shaw, Mary Poppins (Intro To
Spoonful Of Sugar) / Temptations - Intro To Cant, Get Next To You / Frankie
Howerd, Wondrous Place - Billy Fury, Michael Caine (From Get Carter) / Radio
London Jingle / Ken Wolthemstowe, Long Live Love - Sandy Shaw, Don Mckinnon, I
Am The Walrus - The Beatles , Jack Kerouac (From Digging The New Breed) /
Snippet From Tcq / Russ, Syracuse, Heroes And Villains - The Beach Boys, Barry
White - Snippets From Walking In The Rain / Henry Rollins , A Little Bit Me, A
Little Bit You - The Monkees, Brian Glover (from Kes), By The Light Of The
Magical Moon - T.Rex, Radio London Jingles / Kenneth Williams, Showdown -
Electric Light Orchestra, William Burroughs (From Digging The New Breed) /
Henry Rollins (Ground Control), John I'm Only Dancing - David Bowie, Dick
Biondi , Aint No Sunshine - Michael Jackson, The Jbs Soul Food Sample From
Robbie Vincent Show, High On Sunshine - The Commodores, Rick Dees Radio Show
Jingle /Extract Etc, One For The Money - The Whispers, Norman Jay / Gladys
Knight - Intro From The Way We Were, Ain't Got Time For Nothing - The Futures,
John Thaw / Derek & Clive, Such A Night - Dr John, Cotton Eye Joe - Terry
Callier

Part 3 ain't been listed yet but goes right into the 90s
Note:

Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent
those of Channel Four Television Corporation unless specifically stated. This
email
and any files transmitted are confidential and intended solely for the use of
the
individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this
email in
error, please notify [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank You.