If you liked The Hackers last album you'll love this, it's got a retro vibe going on but not in a bad way! There's some beautiful analogue sounds happening on this album, coupled with some great programming and track structure. Accent Drop is my favourite track, fantastic break down and very emotive piece of work, had me suckered from the start. There's a Detroit flavour throughout but it certainly doesn't worship at the alter of the sound of 88/89, there's also a tip of the hat to Kraftwerk and the early synth lines of DM/Numan/League but with a lot more funk than the simple synth lines of "yesteryear". Makes you wanna dig out the tracks just to make a mix, great piece of work.

Picks:
Downfall, Accent Drop, Pathfinder and Compound One