On Oct 18, 2005, at 8:37 AM, Stoddard, Kamal wrote:

Symbols & Instruments - Mood [Optimistic mix] (KMS)

Wasn't this their (d.c., chris n. and mark f.'s) first record together
or was it one on organico?  I'm pretty sure this is it though.

Sounds right to me. But I read an interview with Farina in KEEP ON, i think, where he said they recorded and had this KMS record ready to go months before 808State released Pacific 202. They were bummed that Kevin dragged his feet and didn't release it right away, and 808State sort of beat them to the punch with Pacific202 defining the whole "ambient house" genre (which i still love, BRING IT BACK!) where they used cool environmental sounds -- and just a deep/cool moody house themes -- the B-side on KMS called "Teardrops of Yesterday" is a lot like that. Anyway, cool story about how the cards fall due to release schedules and who gets credit for breaking a new sound. Not to take anything away from Pacific 202 either :)

Also loved the ring around the KMS labels at that time: Specializing in the Newest in Dance Music! What a great era for this emerging sound, 1989-90

It's interesting how DnB sort of picked up this environmental soundscapes thing back up for awhile to with the really expansive/atmospheric era of DnB (r.i.p.) - I love that stuff, just sounds HUGE.

Gorgeous tunes matt and dave. Thanks again, been awhile since I said so.

hey, thanks for your support!

peace,
Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt MacQueen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 1:26 AM
To: 313
Cc: david siska
Subject: (313) mix WNUR Chicago - Tag Team: Jack the Bleep

Clinically Inclined
30 September 2005:    Tag Team Special: Jack the Bleep
Fridays 9:30pm - 12:30am,  89.3 FM WNUR Chicago
Download from http://SonicSunset.com

Matt and Dave run a 3 hour tag team mix. We raid our classics crates
for a tour of early UK bleep, Detroit techno and Chicago jack
trax/acid. Finishes up with brand new records by Newworldaquarium,
Claude Young, The Moderator and our longtime favorites Duplex!

Part 1

C&M Connection - Flutes (Network)
Down Low - Gettin' Hot (Loop D' Loop)
Hardcore Jazz - J.A.B. Traxx (Dance Mania)
Future Sound of London - Calcium - Acceletator EP (Jumpin' & Pumpin')
Tuff Little Unit - Join the Future (Warp)
Nexus 21 - Self Hypnosis [Mr Whippy Remix] (Network)
Symbols & Instruments - Mood [Optimistic mix] (KMS)
Constant Ritual - Hardway to Come (Network)
Tricky Disco - Tricky Disco (Warp)
Sweet Exorcist - Testone (Warp)
Musicology - Telefon 529 - Musicology (B12)
Cabaret Voltaire - Sex Money Freaks [Francois K Rmx] (Virgin)
Tyree - Video Crash [Crash Instrumental] (Rockin' House)
Armando Presents Mike Dearborn - Sexual X-Perience [Original Mix]
(Muzique)
Model 500 - Wanderer (Transmat)
Psyche - From Beyond (Transmat)
Paperclip People - Clear and Present (Planet E)
Mike Dunn - So Let It Be Houze (Westbrook)
Cool House - Rock This Party Right [Tyree's Beats 4 Now mix]
(Underground)
Meat Beat Manifesto - Psyche Out [Version 2] (NovaMute)
Royal House - Dirty Beats [Extended mix] (Idlers)
Bam Bam - Give It To Me [Dub mix] (Westbrook)

Part 2

Lil Louis - Frequency [Vocal] (Dance Mania)
Lil Louis - Frequency [Track] (Dance Mania)
Phortune - Can You Feel The Bass [Can You Groove Me] (Hotmix 5)
Robert Owens - I'm Strong [Bonus Beats] (Alleviated)
Phortune - Can You Feel The Bass [House Mix] (Hotmix 5)
Farley Jackmaster Funk - Farley Knows House - Funkin With The Drums
Again (Trax)
House Gang - Workin' My Body [House mix] (Underground)
Farley Jackmaster Funk - Jack'N The House - Funkin With The Drums Again
(Trax)
Neil Howard - To Be Or Not To Be [Gathering Club mix] (Future Sound)
Shake - My Name Is Binky (Metroplex)
Daniel Bell - Beyond and Back - New Horizons (Seventh City)
The Chicago Connection - Dancin' [Mark Grant's mix] (Cajual)
Stephanie Mills - Put Your Body In It
Circulation - Dubba - Daylite EP (E3)
Duplex - Sunbeam (Frantic Flowers)
The Moderator - Consolidated - Reversed Evolution (Eevo Lute)
Deepside - Heart of Space - Deepside EP (FNAC)
D5 - Flotation Tank - Planet Delsin EP (Delsin)
Claude Young - Winston Sleeps - one.nine.eight.four (cynet)
Newworldaquarium - The Games That We Play (New Religion)
Ruxpin - Formations - Midnight Drive (Electrolux)
Schizophrenia - Schizophrenia - Tresor 3 (Tresor)

Audio archives at http://SonicSunset.com
Mixed live on air, 89.3 FM in Chicago every Friday night.

--
MM
http://sonicsunset.com