I really enjoyed it apart from the very mediocre sound- on stage it was rediculously boomy and front of house it was weak in the mid range- defintely reduced the impact of Final Frontier and a few other tracks. The band really play as a band- if you watch you can see both Mike and Gerald giving visual cues to each other and the rest of the performaers. Particular applause went to Pope on Electric Bass who had all the right dance steps as well as being a top notch player and Cornelius who acted as a "pump it up" frontman without ever becoming annoying (he is one of those jekyl and hyde characters who is serious, quiet and literate when off stage and pretty manic when on). There was a 1 minute silence for Rosa Parks (pretty hard to pull off with the normally pill munching and boisterous Arches crowd) and some nice speeches and polemic from Cornelius throughout the show.

Top be honest I enjoyed it more than I was expecting too as I'm not always dead keen on the Los Hermanos stuff and I was also worried that some of the playing would descend into jazz-funk style noodling- on the night it all went right though and I would highly recomend anyone who can, to see them if they possibly can.

cheers

JB