Let the transitions media blitz begin! In this chronicle of Mr. ubercoolische-minimal-in-that-hegelian-way (dont know how to do the umlaut in ascii sorry) we learn that:

1. Hawtpants hangs out with superstar trance djs! Hey, I would too! I mean, c'mon their groupies are way hotter 2. He is seemingingly unaware of "Farley's Foot", Frankie's 909 or the myriad of other djs throughout dance music that have used drum machines in their sets before him and Mills 3. He considers himself "a pioneer landing on the new world" much like Columbus when he slaughtered a continent of people in the name of gold and christianity. 4. He obviously hasn't checked out Konono #1 or he'd know this minimal stuff is old hack!

ok, no hate mail or long winded retorts please. all in good fun!

http://www.clubplanet.com/news/archive/richie_hawtin_interview.asp