You surely mean "nice to see that she hired another producer that can
manage to keep her in the spotlight" don't you Martijn?
Ever notice the songs that she does most of the writing and producing for
generally are not the ones that become the hit singles?  In fact, she's
only been credited, I think, three times as the lone composer.

Let's see
"Erotica" was Shep Pettibone and Andre Betts
"Madonna" was Jellybean Benitez and Reggie Lucas
"Music" was Mirawais and William Orbit
"Ray of Light" was William Orbit and a few other writers
"Like a Prayer" - she only wrote the last song by herself - everything else
is Patrick Leonard
"Like a Virgin" was Stephen Bray - the biggest hits on that record she has
no writing credits what-so-ever (Like a Virgin and Material Girl) - check
out the ones she wrote by herself (Shoo-bee-doo and Pretender) - they're
real stinkers
"True Blue" was more of Bray and Leonard
On "You Can Dance" she has no writing credit to Holiday but seemed to be
learning something as she is credited with Everybody - everything else is
Bray, Leonard again
"I'm Breathless" was more of the same - Pettibone, Bray, Leonard
"Bedtime Stories" - well, for starters you've got Björk and Nellie Hooper,
then Babyface, The Isley Brothers, and Dallas Austin
"Evita" - the fact that she had to have a singing coach this late in her
career speaks volumes
"American Life" was Mirawais again
and now the new one is Les Rhythmes Digitales

Left to her to her own devices and she would most likely have sunk like a
stone
I credit her for being pretty damn savvy when it comes to business and
trend following
she's not a trail blazer at all - it's everyone she surrounds herself with
(stylists, producers, etc.) that are the trail blazers

MEK

"Blaauw, Martijn de " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 11/16/2005
08:53:30 AM: