My take on steve bug (oh yeah, HI LIST! Been off for awhile):

Dessous (his label) WAS one of the more forward thinking deep
house/techno labels not afraid to cross lines stylistically and take a
few risks at the deeper end ('99-2001 ish). Then they got caught in the
acid/electro/house/uktech-haas loop and the releases got pretty samey.
Head up arse. Some occasional good stuff in between the crud though.

Steve as producer also used to get into my head as he always had an
affinity for really round solid bass and melodic synth and string lines
that are just right up my alley. Then he started taking notes from
others <cough>john dahlback<cough> and his personal stuff followed in
the vein of his label. He got lost in a definition of sound and hasn't
made it out yet.

Steve as a dj. Always spot on when it comes to making you really feel
the good stuff. He's one of the few left with such a high profile that I
can tell still wants to connect with the crowd and push them to their
limits whether he's going deep or spastic or wonky. Love him on the
decks. Smooth.

Just my take.

KKS
MWNB