got around to listening to a promo cd of dan's upcoming new album on headspace
last night

i'd checked samples online and it seemed OK, wasnt really struck by it, but on
hearing the real thing ohhhh i was really really impressed!!

super stuff from dan, reminding me of my favorite stuff of his from the
mid-90's, but updated and contemporary sounding as well -- whoooOOoo the track
"quaoar" especially, really hot dancefloor friendly house and very trademark
dan style (with a bit of a warren harris/hanna sound as well maybe?)...HOTTTT!
the majority of the tracks are really full of great ideas and sounds and
grooves; there's a couple tracks that go a bit too atonal/jazzy/weird to really
hook me, but i still enjoy listening to those as they're so full of ideas,
"interesting" (in the best way) listening..collectively makes for a captivating
and fulfilling album-listening experience...ohhhh there's a wayyyyyy dope (and
way too short) hiphop interlude on there even, reminding of the out-there
production of def jux or something (makes me want a whole album of dc
hiphop!!)...so far there's only one track of the 12 tracks on the cd that i hit
"skip" on, which is about as good as it gets for me, i'm ADD and real picky..

for me this is the best (new) house/techno album in quite a while, totally
unique and artistic and inspiring...it really lifted me up and gave me a more
positive outlook on the future of techno/house...lots of very good stuff around
these days, but to me most of it is refining and re-articulating familar sounds
without infusing a real strong and individual personality in it -- stuck in the
concept of a genre, or the concept of a "classic" sound, but this is inimitable
DC! was dan's last album the one on elypsia? i liked that pretty well, but i
think this is superior...i have a feeling it won't be equalled until shake
finally drops his album haha...anyyyways tip tip tip!!

jt