As it's fully credited on the coldplay liner notes, I am sure they are
getting a decent royalty stream.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Duke Cognition Audioworks
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 3:26 AM
To: Dr. Lester K Spence; 313 313
Subject: Re: (313) coldplay and kraftwerk

Dr. Lester K Spence wrote:

> I've been trying to send this message for a few days now...hopefully
> it'll get through this time out.
>
> was watching the grammy's and caught coldplay's performance.  the
> only reason i know their name is because my daughter id'd them for
> me.  (damn i'm getting old.)
>
> anyway, the melody sounded familiar to me....when it hit me.
> Computer World by Kraftwerk.
>
> I don't know the name of the Coldplay track, but I was wondering if
> anyone else had caught this?

I hadn't heard the Coldplay track that uses the Kraftwerk riff till this
thread
came up (had only heard rumors).
If anyone wants to compare: http://www.last.fm/music/Coldplay/_/Talk
(click on the green triangle to the left of "Talk")
and if you don't have your copy of Kraftwerk's
Computer Love handy:
http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/store/artist/album/0,,116410,00.html
(but listen to the Windows Media clip cos the RealPlayer clip uses a
different part of the song). My wife (knows Kraftwerk, not Coldplay) just
heard me play the comparison and she said "Kraftwerk should sue".  I hope
Kraftwerk get tons of royalties from this. Andrew

--
Andrew Duke
scoring/sound design/source