Local veterans that I think could handle the size....

Paxahau maybe, or the Tecknology people...

Anyone else got any suspicions?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 21 February 2006 15:49
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) Saunderson not doing Fuse-In.

found this in the Freep
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060218/NEWS01/602180371

Musician Kevin Saunderson is out -- and a group of full-time event
professionals might be in -- as Detroit's annual techno festival takes the
latest twist in its perpetual backstage saga.
Saunderson, a techno DJ and one of the genre's pioneers, said Friday he
remains about $250,000 in debt from last year's Fuse-In festival, his first
as lead producer of the 6-year-old Memorial Day weekend event at Hart
Plaza. Saunderson, speaking from a tour stop in Frankfurt, Germany, said
metro Detroit vendors and concert-staging firms are among those owed money.
Meanwhile, a small group of local event-production veterans has alerted the
City of Detroit to its potential interest in producing the event this May,
sources with the city and the group told the Free Press.
A representative of the group asked that its members not be named because
the process is in its early stages. No formal discussions have taken place,
said Lucius Vassar, chief administrative officer for Mayor Kwame
Kilpatrick.
Live Nation, the area's top concert promoter, is unlikely to be involved in
the event, said Detroit staffers with the California company, formerly
Clear Channel Entertainment.
The struggles Saunderson encountered last year aren't new to the event,
which has been dogged by financial and logistical problems. Despite large
crowds and a high international profile, the event lost money under both
its prior incarnations as the Detroit Electronic Music Festival and
Movement.
Unlike those free events, Saunderson got permission from the city to charge
a $10 daily admission or $25 for the three days. About 41,000 tickets were
sold. "We had debt after the festival that we couldn't shake, or couldn't
resolve in quick enough manner, that would have allowed me to do it again,"
Saunderson said.

________________

>a small group of local event-production veterans

???

Carol Marvin?

MEK

             Michael.Elliot-Kn
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             02/21/06 09:44 AM         313@hyperreal.org
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       (313) Saunderson not doing Fuse-In?

I couldn't believe it actually made it into the Minneapolis newspaper but
there was a little blurb in the Sunday's issue about Kevin Saunderson not
doing the festival this year. He's apparently $250,000 in the hole from
last year.  There wasn't much more news than that.  Anyone else see
anything more?
Sounds like the fest is on its way to become corporate or kaput.

MEK