A dehumidifier would be a good place to start.
Also - get your records up off the floor and preferably into wooden boxes.
Getting the records further away from the cement basement floor will help
avoid any moisture/dampness that the cement attracts.
Boxes made of pinewood would be best as they are more porous than a hard
wood like oak - the wood will absorb the moisture that might otherwise
penetrate into the paper record sleeves.
Cool spaces are fine - cool & dry spaces are better.

I can see the plastic milkcrates crates being useful in that the open
spaces allow for air flow but it looks like your records are pretty well
packed in them so that negates the benefit of the milkcrates.  Plus,
plastic will repel moisture.  Which means that it will have nowhere else to
go but into the paper sleeves of the records.
Get wood!

You could also add a small fan to keep airflow moving.  Vornado makes an
excellent small fan that really moves air eventhough it doesn't oscillate.
They are a bit pricey as fans go but when the days get hot & humid you'll
be glad you spend the extra cash.

MEK

             "Lee Herrington"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             bcglobal.net>                                              To
                                       <313@hyperreal.org>
             02/22/06 07:59 AM                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         (313) late again.
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
               bcglobal.net>

Greetings list,

I finally got my hands on fabrice's "my 4 stars remixed" EP.  I know it's
been out for awhile, but I'm always the last to acquire hot material.  I
have to say this is prime fl work.  The ian o'brien remix does not
disappoint either.

Just a side note... I enjoyed fabrice's new stuff in the cold dank of my
basement.  I've had to transport my entire setup from the attic, as we are
expecting a new addition to the family.  I know that I will have to deal
with moisture issues when the climate warms up.  Anyone have any thoughts
on
preserving vinyl in a mildy hostile environment?  You can see the setup
here
-->  http://www.flickr.com/photos/sirveaux/sets/72057594068541423/

Cheers,

Lee R. Herrington