My two cents:

Why not try another pair of cartridges/stylus?
I am using AudioTecnica 95E with great pleasure. Sounds vastly superior
to cheap Stanton and Ortofons and retails for around GBP21 on eBay (list
price is around GBP25), for BOTH stylus and cartridge.
Should be easy to get in the USA, too.

Give it a go!

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 09:07:41AM -0000, Tristan Watkins wrote:

> >Been searching online for the cheapest price for a pair of these.  So far
> >it's been from www.djdeals.com but their privacy policy can go s*ck it.
> >Basically they reserve the right to share your personal info with anyone
> >and there is no opt-out.  However, they are selling them for $35.00 each
> >
> >I just need the tips - not the whole thing and that was the lowest I've
> >found in the US.  I'd prefer to find some place that doesn't charge for
> >shipping too.
> >Pretty much all the other prices are around $41 to 49.00
>
> I'd suggest sticking with who you know as well. I recall Brelson saying
> he's received used styli when ordering them budget in the past. Better off
> ordering them from a reputable source. Which Ortofon are you trying to get?
> I always used to use http://www.pssl.com but the prices for the yellow ones
> are around $60.
>
> Tristan
> =======
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://www.phonopsia.co.uk

Guilherme Menegon Arantes            Sao Paulo, Brasil