Oh yeah, Kenny's Iowa performance pretty much slammed it down.  From the
selections to the mixing - energetic and funky .  Never had the chance to
disappointed by Larkin's djing but I've only seen him at DEMFs and that
Iowa gig.

MEK

             "Kent Williams"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             il.com>                                                    To
                                       "list 313" <313@hyperreal.org>
             03/13/06 10:47 PM                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: (313) upcoming kenny larkin
                                       dates (east coast, US)

He was pretty much awesome when he played in Iowa City.  It shows that
he's been working on it, because the word five or six years ago was
that his mixing was kind of rocky. Kinda like Juan Atkins, except Juan
never seems to get any better at DJing.

Which I don't mean as a big diss -- he's a great producer, and if his
time and energy goes into the studio instead of beatmatching, I'm OK
with that.  I certainly know people who are flawless DJs technically
but complete chimps otherwise.