ahh wish I had seen this sooner, I'd have participated.

thanks for posting it Andrew, will listen tonight

-Joe

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Duke Cognition Audioworks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "...313 list" <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 8:03 PM
Subject: (313) re: royalty-free sounds/production "contest"

The mnml.nl forum came up with the idea to do a production contest using
solely royalty-free samples created by lil' me--nothing else--to make a song.

The results are now in; a variety of styles (all techno-ey), all top-quality:

original thread with the samples and submissions as they came in:
http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6802

page with the results listed individually in hi and lo fi mp3 format:

podcast incorporating all of the results in a super tight mix:
http://www.offnominal.com/blog/2006/03/18/episode-23-andrewdukesounds-cagey-house-and-wavespan/

Andrew

--
Andrew Duke