I'm an old f&*ker so I haven't been able to erase the idea of tatoos
being blurry blue anchors on the arms of grotty old sailors... but I
really like the idea of kids getting all sorts of ink. Something to
show their grandchildren.

I can't think of what would be the ultimate 313 tatoo... there are a
lot of people with the Plastikman tatoo, though, and that has a
certain appeal as a design, independent of any ubercoolische
connotations.  A tatoo of "313" might be cool, but fetishizing a
telephone area code is probably less cool than a drum machine.

A Drexciyan Wave Jumper tatoo, though, would rule, or the UR logo.
Speaking of which, the UR logo always struck me as being very similar
to the 'UR' on old Maxell cassettes. Coincidence, or sharp graphical
appropriation?