Yeah. Saw him in Chicago. It was very cool.
Somewhere in his blog is a video 20MB clip of him building a song on stage:
http://blog.thomasdolby.com/index.php?paged=2

...steve...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Anyone else get to see him?  He's just finishing up his US tour - playing
really small venues.
Caught him last night in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Brilliant show - I'm still buzzing!  That was real techno last night - rank
it right up with Kraftwerk's live show.
He played so many of the classic Dolby tunes - One of Our Submarines, Flat
Earth, Europa and the Pirate Twins, Living in a Suitcase, Windpower,
Hyperactive!, Airheads, Budapest by Blimp, and of course She Blinded Me
With Science.
Apparently, he has new material he's been working out and playing some here
and there.  He's been playing the small venues to get back into the swing
of things.  It's been 15 years since he's played live and is back in fine
form.

He came out on stage, his head now shaved bald, wearing an weathered
oversized WWII aviator coat, his infamous wire-rimmed goggle glasses, a
pair of silver sci-fi looking headphones with mic attached, and a small
flashlight size camera attached to the side of them.  The camera is some
military design that he though he'd put to better use.  Through it, he
projected onto a screen to the right of the stage everything he was doing.
He had his main keyboard, a sampler/drum machine, a few other smaller
keyboards (forgive me, I'm not sure what kind) and a few gizmos with HUGE
dials on them - looked positively mad scientist type.  Just what you'd
expect I suppose.  Brought to mind that perfect postmodern techno style of
Jeff Mills, Blade Runner, Kraftwerk, etc.  His voice is still in top shape
and he was entertaining, telling stories about trying to find his way
around the city, background on songs, etc.

this is the complete tour - two more dates in Colorado and then he's off to
the UK - DON'T MISS IT!

4.12.06 House of Blues - Anaheim, CA
4.13.06 Key Club - Los Angeles, CA
4.14.06 Canyon Club - Agoura Hills, CA
4.15.06 The Independent - San Francisco, CA
4.20.06 The Aladdin - Portland, OR
4.21.06 The Bouquet - Boise, ID
4.22.06 Fenix Underground - Seattle, WA
5.03.06 Joe's Pub - NYC, NY
5.04.06 Joe's Pub - NYC, NY
5.05.06 Sellersville Theatre - Sellersville, PA
5.06.06 Rams Head On Stage - Annapolis, MD
5.07.06 Rams Head On Stage - Annapolis, MD
5.08.06 The Birchmere - Alexandria, VA
5.10.06 House Of Blues - Cleveland, OH
5.11.06 The Club Cafe - Pittsburgh, PA
5.13.06 Royal Oak Theater - Royal Oak, MI
5.16.06 Martyrs - Chicago, IL
5.17.06 Martyrs - Chicago, IL
5.18.06 Points East - Milwaukee, WI
5.19.06 Points East - Milwaukee, WI
5.21.06 Station 4 - Minneapolis, MN (Actually in St. Paul)
5.23.06 Blue Bird Theatre - Denver, CO
5.24.06 Belly Up - Aspen, CO
6.23.06 Scala - London, United Kingdom
6.25.06 Wireless Festival - Hyde Park, London

MEK