Friday May 26

BEYOND PRESENTS
THE BUNKER
DEMF & MUTEK PRE-PARTY

ZIP (Perlon | Berlin) extended DJ set
JAN JELINEK (~scape | Berlin) with live band
SOLIDS (NYC) David Last's live dub band
WOLF + LAMB (NYC)

Every year, we make the trek to Detroit for the DEMF and then
Montreal for Mutek. This year, we were lucky enough to grab a
couple of the more interesting acts for stopovers at the Bunker
on their way to the big festivals.
http://mutek.ca/
http://demf.com/

Zip (aka Dimbiman) is the owner of Perlon, which has consistently
released top notch forward thinking dance music since its first
release almost 10 years ago. He's also one half of Pantytec with
Sammy Dee. As a DJ, producer, and label head, Zip is one of the
most innovative members of the electronic dance music community.
He is one of our absolute favorite DJs, and almost never makes it
to NYC, so we're thrilled to grab him for an exclusive appearance
on his way to both DEMF and Mutek.

Jan Jelinek is one of the most well known electronic music
producers in the world. He has released three full length albums
under his own name on Stephan Betke's ~scape imprint, and seven
12"s as Farben on Klang. His deeply creative use of loops and
samples instantly set him apart from the sea of "glitch-tronica"
producers when he arrived on the scene in the late-90s. His
current live show is a semi-improvised representation of his
latest album "Kosmischer Pitch" performed by a three piece band
that includes Andrew Pekler (who recently played a solo set at
the Bunker) and Hanno Leichtman.
http://www.janjelinek.com/

Solids is David Last's (of the Agriculture, Goosehound, and
Unfoundsound fame) new live dub band.  They take elements of dub
and apply a slightly more aggressive "wall of sound" treatment,
with glitchy laptop sounds, slinky guitars, and a live rhythm
section.

Wolf + Lamb exploded onto the New York City techno scene with a
series of afterparties at their small Williamsburg club for the
Bunker in the spring of 2005.  These evolved into a series of
packed regular all night parties at the Wolf+Lamb space that went
well into the next afternoon.  The minimal design and comfortable
environment they created was an instant hit with everyone in the
minimal techno scene.  Although they have proven to be very
talented party throwers, at heart, they are really just DJs who
want to play at great parties.  They utilize Ableton Live
software to weave gorgeous sets of warm bath techno, fukt up
ambient, and heroin house.  With a bunch of original studio
productions in the works, a new bigger loft space to host parties
in Brooklyn, a residency at Love, and a new web label, you will
be hearing a lot more about these guys in the near future.
http://wolflambmusic.com/

plus
resident DJs: Spinoza, Movement, Unjust
visual residents: Giles Hendrix, Chris Jordan

sound: mm
bar: Heather, Aaron
door: Olga
photos: SDPhotography.net

the Bunker
both floors of Tonic this week!
107 Norfolk Street
(212)358-7501
www.klever.org/thebunkernyc
$15, 21+, 10p-4a

WARNING: early arrival advised, we're expecting a big turn out
for a small venue with no guestlist.

UPCOMING:

6/02: ELECTRO STRIKES BACK:
      Egg Foo Young (Touchin' Bass, Schematic | NYC)
      Coin OP (Nu Vorm | NYC)

6/16: Gaiser (M_nus | Detroit) live pa

6/23: Andy Vaz (Soundvariation, Background | Dusseldorf) live pa
      Filastine (Soot, Post World Industries | Seattle)

6/30: M_NUS LABEL SHOWCASE:
      Marc Houle (M_nus | NYC) live pa
      Tractile (M_nus | Toronto) live pa

7/07: Jeremy P. Caulfield (Dumb-Unit, Trapez | Toronto) live pa

7/14: THEMA LABEL LAUNCH PARTY:
      alka_rex (Musique Risquee, Thema | NYC) live pa
      Function (Infrastructure, Thema, Phono | NYC)
      Leonard de la Posso (Thema, Infrastructure, Neoday |NYC)

7/28: Bruno Pronsato (Orac, Telegraph | Seattle) live pa

8/18: Eats Tapes (Tigerbeat6 | San Francisco) live pa

9/08: Jeff Samuel (Trapez, Spectral, Poker Flat | Seattle)