What happened to Oliver Ho? I personally prefer his work to Surgeon's... an original. It's hard to get Ho's music, really hard!

On 01/07/2006, at 11:23 PM, /0 wrote:

surgeon seems a little more into industrial techno and rephlex-ish stuff that mills.

surgeon sets sound too clean and precise to me. part of the fun with mills is you can hear that he's going so fast, he's just on the verge of trainwrecking everything.

----- Original Message ----- From: "kent williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "list 313" <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 8:52 PM
Subject: Re: (313) Richie Hawtin now Jeff Mills

I dimly remember people saying Surgeon bit Mills' style, but if I
remember correctly, once Jeff started playing Surgeon records, people
shut up.  If anyone took the time to listen to his music, they were
always records in the same general style as Mills, but completely his
own thing.

And Surgeon has indeed gone on to do amazing things that have nothing
to do with 2 beat loop bangers.