To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 6:47 PM
Subject: Re: (313) Maestro DVD- Steve D'Aquisto

From what I remember there's quite a bit of info on him in Love saves the day. If I remember correctly he started the very first DJ record pool together with David Mancuso after he was pissed off when some record label wouldn't give him a certain record for free.
Mel Cheren also writes a bit about him in "Keep on Dancin"
Online I wouldn't really know other than what google turns up.

Joost

On 31-jul-2006, at 19:51PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Finally got to see this over the weekend (thank you Netflix for picking this up!). What a truly great film - my wife and I were struck by how many people in the film are no longer with us I'm trying to find more info on Steve D'Aquisto. I either forgot or didn't know that he died in 2001 (what
was the cause?). There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of info on him.
There's a bit in "Last Night a DJ Saved My Life". Anything in "Love Saves
the Day"?  Anywhere else online?

MEK