On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 21:27:32 +0200 "Filip Sneppe (Yucom)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> However, I am in doubt as to whether to go for M44-7s, or perhaps
> go for some Ortofons. Basically, my two main criteria are maximum
> stability and minimal record wear, and price isn't really that much
> of an issue.

The M44-7s have quite unpleasant highs, especially with vocals. Otherwise they
track very good and have very small tracking force compared to other dj styli,
which causes less wear on vinyl.

Personally I would go for Shure M35x, which track a bit poorer, but sound
better. But you should try them out before buying, since after the M44-7's the
unimproved skip resistance did take some time to get used to, and I wouldn't
describe my mixing style aggressive at all.