Horses for courses, but I reckon his first two releases on Recognition are
right up there with Spectral Nomad, and some of the recent stuff is as good
as Wire to Wire. It would be hard for anyone to match 'Detroit: One Circle'
or 'Explain the Style' though. Hood may have done some wicked stuff since
then, but nothing he's done has matched it, so I don't see how we can expect
anyone else to!

To make a comparison, I'd say what Jacek Sienkiewicz is to Rob Hood exceeds
what Deep Chord was to Basic Channel. Deep Chord imitated Basic Channel very
well, filling the void in the latter's productivity in that specific style
that the former created. Jacek Sienkiewicz learned from and then
appropriated some elements from Hood in order to make his own music special
in the same way that Hood's is, while sounding distinct.

I dunno... If you're unconvinced, check 'Still Forward' and 'Secret Life'
and let me know what you think! The first Etiop on Recogntion has a wicked
track too.

Tristan
=======
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk