Hey, I didn't want to interfere in all this, but in Fred's defense, he never insulted Tom's kid. He only attacked Tom about his mental state (and I happen to agree with him), being in such a bad shape he would run the risk of his kid getting taken away from him by the authorities or something along those lines. I agree that's harsh, but Tom's not exactly in need of pity here and if anything is not insulting to Tom's kid, but Tom himself.