Here are some pictures from a visit there a few weeks ago if you want
to take a look around his studio:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/technochick/sets/72157594165050368/

On 9/21/06, kent williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
No, he was pretty clearly talking about music at that point.

Ron didn't have an oscilloscope in his cutting room when I was there.
He uses his ears, and as far as I know he checks for phase problems by
looking at the grooves under a microscope.

As for equipment, all I saw was some SAE graphic equalizers, a limiter
(don't remember which kind) and (I think) an SAE stereo power amp to
drive the cutting head.  For CDR masters, he had something like a
Numark DJ CD Player.  The speakers he was monitoring on were
definitely nothing special, and the cutting room's acoustic treatment
was a piece of dirty carpet.  This is before his latest move -- I've
not been to cut anything since 2000...

It's all good solid equipment, but it's nothing particularly exotic.
There might be things I didn't see, but the 'magic' comes seems to
come mostly from Ron's experience with how far the gear can be pushed
without burning out the cutting head or causing distortion. That and
the fact that he really appreciates the music.  More art than science.

--
Detroit Techno Militia
http://www.detroittechnomilitia.com