welcome back bill.

you and I met several years ago in some kids living room in ann arbor. it was you, me, two friends of mine, greg davis (i think), and hrvatski :)

contact mics and msp.  good times.  glad you're still in the mix

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Van Loo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 12:39 PM
Subject: (313) hello, old friends.

Hi there.

I was browsing the (313) archives recently, and realized that it might be fun to get back into this conversation after being absent for a few years. I recognized a lot of the names that I saw in the 2006 archives still, which is a good sign (Kent, Matt McQueen, Minto, Tristan, and on and on), so hopefully the ground hasn't shifted beyond recognition.

What really sparked my thought of getting back to the list was when I was writing the liner notes for the record of mine that just came out, entitled "chromedecay tracks pt2: 2001-2005". I included the (313) list in my thank yous, because it really was such a huge part of my musical development for a number of years, and I thought it fitting to get back to it and see how things are.

   http://www.chromedecay.org/releases/cd003/

A little catch-up may be in order here. In the last 4 years, I've been actively producing music (some of which is compiled on chromedecay tracks pt2), involved in the Windsor-Detroit collective Thinkbox, became a father a few times over (3 kids now), and became a Christian. All of these have changed my life in many ways, of course, and so I approach things from a perspective that's different from 4 years ago, but hopefully in a new and vibrant way.

For those of you who remember me, I'm glad to be back. For those of you who weren't on this list when I left a few years back, I hope to
have some good conversations with you.

peace,

Bill Van Loo
--
chromedecay tracks pt2: 2001-2005 now released!
http://www.chromedecay.org/releases/cd003/

http://www.chromedecay.org || http://www.billvanloo.com