That NME interview is something.  And I had forgotten that Chrissie
Hynde was a staff writer for a short while (I'm an unabashed, long
term fan of hers).  She's had quite a checkered career.  I'm quite
sure she's the only person ever to have recorded with both Incubus
and Ringo Starr in the same year:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrissie_Hynde

fh