I agree Kent, though in fairness iTunes could be a lot lot worse. The DRM (currently) is fairly light and can be sidestepped.

It's the 128k-ness that puts me off. I want 320kbps or full-fat wavs (in fact i'd much prefer the wav). For that reason, juno.co.uk or beatport are what I'd choose over iTMS.

robin...

kent williams wrote:
iTunes is iPod-centric, and DRM-encumbered.  ITunes licensing
agreement for end users prohibits legal, legitimate uses of the
purchased music, and furthermore, Apple resevers the right to change
the license after the fact.

I don't mind if people buy iPods and use iTunes, but I have real
objections to the way they do business, especially when outfits like
Bleep.com exist.

http://www.defectivebydesign.org/