This guy sounds like a complete a$$hole

>At first I had the gear in the family room (connected to the
kitchen/eating space)
>... competing with the noise of the dishwasher, the kitchen sink, and
'life' in general.
>I kept eyeing a large den (a favorite room of my wife) where we had a desk
and piano.
>One afternoon when my wife was gone, I moved all my gear into the den. All
of a sudden,
>I had a dedicated room... which was to be my audio home for the next nine
years.
>I got lucky with the den; it had a very high ceiling (almost 11 feet), a
bay window
>and floor to ceiling bookshelves on the rear wall.
>Soon the desk and piano were evicted and I settled into audio bliss in MY
room.

I'm sure his wife was pleased that he took over the room she liked so much
while she was gone
so much for the marriage

>I really enjoyed having fellow audiophiles visit me...

probably because his wife didn't want to talk to him anymore

>To me, getting the lighting correct is one of those 'fine details' that
can make
>the enjoyment of the system much better. Typically, the front lighting
zone
>is always off unless I am doing cleaning or setup of some sort.
>In fact, for serious listening I typically have all the lights off except
two
>15 watt 'loose' cans that I put on the floor aimed up at the ceiling
directly
>behind the speakers.
>These 'up-firing' lights cast a warm glow over the front diffuser panel
>and ceiling and really enhance the whole musical experience.

>I considered the issue of acoustical problems resulting from all these
recessed
>cans and track lighting. I was concerned that the ceiling bass traps might
cause
>resonance with the metal cases of the cans. I had quite a bit of lead tape
applied
>to these cans before the ceiling was buttoned up to insure it would not
become a
>problem. Once my system was in the room, the first thing I did was to play
>bass 'boom' track over and over and search for any resonance. I found
three of
>the cans did have slight ringing from the trim, and secured them. I went
around
>and put my ear close to each light. In the near future I'll get a more
sophisticated
>low frequency sweep, to ensure I have found all possible sources of
unwanted resonance.

tosser and wanker don't even begin to describe this cnut

>If I focus on what is not perfect I can detect it... but that is not my
way.

LOL!
Right, he just spent several millions of dollars on a new house, custom
construction,
overpriced hi-fi equipment, years of work, isolation from his wife and
kids, and a multi-page
anally retentive article proving that detecting what isn't perfect isn't
"his way".
Cnut.

MEK