in the multiple "studies" i've read, they're typically
compared by phase inverting one of the tracks and
mixing them. in every case that i've read about,
they've summed to silence, which means the tracks are
identical.

i actually feel like i can hear what Martin's talking
about, so I keep looking for the reason, myself (I'd
love to avoid rewiring all my tracks through Logic,
because that basically means I'll have to buy a new
computer to finish my current batch of tracks).

thinking through the math, it seems that the
difference would either be a loss of detail through
the summing algorithm, or a difference in frequency
response. the latter seems really unlikely. don't know
about the former. they say its 32bit float but there
could be something weird going on there.

i know this is ot, but if any heads on here actually
know some science about this, i'd love to hear it.

--- "Thomas D. Cox, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>