On 31 Jan 2007, at 16:42, Todd Sines wrote:

I use unstretched WAVs + AIFs, so it never gets run through Live's Warping engine. It's basically working as a VST / AU wrapper. I could be doing it with Peak or Sound Forge but I don't. A lot easier to keep track of 20 songs on a compilation CD by copying effects settings to each track, isolating and rendering that track separately for mastering.

I've had enough history with audio [20 years] to know whether or not something is getting mangled by Live, and so far.. it hasn't. Otherwise I'd tell Robert. I will raise the issue with him so that they are aware of it... if they already don't know [doubt that].

Listen to the Death in Vegas Fabric mix and tell me if it sounds like it was run out of Live. Everything was recorded via a Presonus Firestation and back. Same with my Frankie EP.. final output was from Live [after importing recorded tracks from Logic / outboard gear].

When you say master, do you mean you use the file rendered out of Live to make a PMCD to cut the glass master from?